Aargh! For a fourth year, we are returning to Australia to study issues related to environmental and cultural sustainability. Our course of study represents a unique collaboration between the Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies (RCLS) at East Carolina University, and American Universities International Programs (AUIP). We encourage you to apply for these exciting study abroad opportunities in the South Pacific.
- Our courses explore the dynamic cultures and natural environments of the region, traveling extensively as a group with local field experts.
- Credit is available for up to 6 semester hours in RCLS, which can be applied as general electives, restricted electives, or cognates toward coursework in your major
- The programs are suitable for students of all backgrounds and majors
- There are no prerequisites for the Study Abroad Australia Programs
- Students need a 2.0 GPA, and also need to have a record clear of major disciplinary issues
- Credit from our study abroad program may be applied to a Certificate in Global Understanding, a Certificate in Global Understanding with Distinction, or a Minor in International Studies as part of that degree’s specialized concentration
Studies in Australia focus on sustainable tourism and natural resource management issues. These two areas of focus can be classified under concentrations focusing on international environmental problems and population/demographic issues as described in the guidelines for the Minor in International Studies.